Babysitting Mama, sold in Japan as Babysitter Mama (ベビーシッターママ?), is a babysitting simulation-styled minigame compilation video game for the Wii console.
It is the third spin-off from the Cooking Mama series. It includes 50 different baby mini games and activities, like playing, washing, etc.
- Babysitting - The main mode of the game. By picking a baby you can follow the schedule given to them and earn a new page for each one completed.
- Babysitters Guide - You can practice any mini game that you struggled to complete here.
- Memories! - View pictures of activities you have done with the baby. Each baby has their own book.
- VS Play! - 2 friends can play against one-another in this mode.
- Options - Back to the title screen, clear data, and credits
As you play the game, you can unlock more babies to play with.
- The first baby the player can play with is Yuto, a baby who resembles the doll packaged with the game. Yuto is light skinned with a small tuft of orange-brown hair and blue footy-pajamas.
- The second baby is Lucy, a baby girl with dark colored hair worn with a small ponytail. She wears yellow-orange clothes.
- The third is William, he's the dark skinned baby with short curly hair. He wears green clothes.
- The fourth baby is Emma. She is often in a bad/grumpy mood. She has soft blonde hair and dark blue eyes. She wears pink clothing
- The fifth is Daniel, a baby with short blonde hair on the top of his head. He has dark blue-black eyes and wears dark blue clothing.
- The sixth/final baby is Koyuki. A pale skinned baby with dark purple-black hair worn with a clip. She wears white and purple clothes.
Babies Pictures Coming Soon
Mini Games and Activities
There are about forty to fifty mini games in Babysitting Mama in total. This is a list of a some of them:
- Rocking - Gently swing the baby back and forth like Mama, to make it smile. In more difficult times, it changes to the up and down segment.
- Milk Time - Feed the baby their milk by tilting the Nunchuck piece forward. But make sure to avoid the red.
- Burp! - Pat the baby gently on each blue segment on the line to burp them.
- Rock the Cradle - Tilt the baby gently back and forth. It could either lull it to sleep (only using small tilts) or it could make it laugh (using both big and small tilts).
- Diaper Change - In this mini game, use your Nunchuck to change the baby's diaper. Shake the rattle when the baby is getting unhappy.
- Swing the Baby - Gently swing the baby to make it laugh, but be careful not to shake it. In more difficult modes, follow the arrow. It sometimes spins like a wheel.
- Spin the mobile - Keep the bar with the music note to keep the baby happy and laughing.
- Shake the rattle - Use the Nunchuck to shake the rattle the required amount of times shown in the bubble or follow the pattern in the three bars (each bar could have up to 3 times)
- See-Saw Time - Move the baby up and down on the see-saw.
- Baby Race - Move your Nunchuck up and down to race your baby against another baby.
- Dance to Sleep - Move the baby left to right, then up and down, to calm it down and make it fall asleep.
- Swing Set - Push the baby in its swing, but don't shake it!
- Patting - It's much like shaking the rattle, except the patting version. It could either calm the baby down and make it smile, or lull it to sleep.
Trivia and Goofs
- Earlier artwork of this game hinted that some of Mama's friends would be seen in the game but they do not make any appearances in the current/final version.
- Mama's mouth didn't move in Spin the Mobile when she said "Oh, I wonder who that be"
- The unnamed babies slightly resembles the main babies the player takes care of in the game.
- Even though it's unknown how old the babies are, they seem to be around 9 months old
- When Mama was surprised to what happened in the game, her mouth doesn't move when she says, "Oh my!" or "I'll be right there!"
- This is the last game to be released for the Wii.